Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Summer/Fall Update

Things went downhill during the summer. My car broke down on the freeway coming home from Folklife. Lost power crossing the Ship Canal Bridge and had to coast off the freeway. Got the car back from the garage the day before my cat had to go to the vet for her last visit. She had been with me for 14 years. Intestinal cancer made her miserable at the end. Two weeks later my landlord called me to tell me that I had to vacate my rental house because the owner wanted to sell. Goodbye workspace garage and goodbye drumset. Goodbye to the garden that we had just planted. Threw out all the living room furniture - long since destroyed by the cat.

Managed to find another house in the neighborhood. Set up the workshop in one of the bedrooms but I have to go outside for drilling. Managed to build my first clone, the BYOC Big Beaver which is a clone of the Electro-Harmonix Big Muff. I made some changes to the circuit and put the clone in a custom enclosure. I call it the Zorro Prickly Pear. Sounded good enough to use for a show at the Shipwreck.

No comments: