Thursday, March 27, 2014

Replacement buttons for Crybaby 535 boost switch

The Dunlop Crybaby 535Q has plenty of bells and whistles. The wah has a nifty little boost switch that lets you control some gain from your wah pedal.

A client had a 535 with a missing button for the switch. But where to find one? I was looking all over the interwebs but wasn't having any luck. And I wanted to give the dude a working pedal so he could do a gig.

So I went all old school and made a trip to the hardware store. I got some thin wooden dowels and some nice birch buttons. I cut and whittled down a section of the dowel. Then I drilled a small hole in the button and glued the section of dowel. Bam!! New replacement button in natural wood color. With a little spray paint these would look just like the original.

Later I finally discovered some authentic Dunlop plastic replacements at - they cost more than the wooden ones.

No comments: